Thursday 23 April 2009

New pearl jewellery

I have made a few new pearl pieces over the last couple of nights - still in my 'pearl phase' I think!!

I wanted to do something really different from anything I've done before, so I've used big chunky blister pearls in vivid colours, for a really bold, summery look here ('sunset' pearl necklace and bracelet). I think the shape and colour really takes away the traditional perception of pearls (see my previous post!).

I've also put together a whole set of pearls - necklace, earrings and bracelet - which I have never done before. I'm not a particularly co-ordinated person (some may say I look a little.....'jumble sale'), and being so un-cooridinated, I have always thought that matchy-matchy was a bad thing. I have to confess in recent months, I have been trying to look a bit more 'put together' and can now see the benefits of jewellery sets. When I put on a jewellery set, it means that I can look like a fight in a thrift store with my clothes, but at least one element of me looks like I tried! So in previous posts when I have said that I don't do matching...well, I'm getting there!!

This 'Pistachio pearls' set is made from coffee, white and mint, large nugget pearls. They are really chunky again, which take away the formal element of having a matching set. I think these colours are beautiful together, really fresh - and it means you can mix and match with any of your traditional white pearls.
I have made another simple string of rice pearls but in seaside inspired colours. I was browsing through holidays online the other day, and photographs of the tropical, turquoise blue seas of the Maldives inpired this necklace. Unfortunately all I can do is think of holidays now!!
This necklace would look great with a tan, or one of those pretty broderie anglaise dresses or tops that are fashionable this summer......I'm good at fashion for other people, just not for myself it seems!!
All of these pieces are available at www.arteryuk.com

1 comment:

  1. I think Pearls are so Beautiful, one of my fave bits of Jewelry to wear.....and your creations are stunning!

    ReplyDelete