Wednesday 1 April 2009

I may have gotten a little carried away.....

Well, after yesterday's summer inspired post on here, I received an email from someone who is signed up to the instant update service - it read "Salad? Salad?! Only because you had hee-haw else in the fridge!!". The cheek of it!! Obviously I am eating salad because the first glimpse of a warm afternoon has reminded me that come summertime, I will be wearing flesh flashing summer dresses and skirts, and after a long cold winter of pie and mash, there is a danger that I may have to spend summer in trousers and over coats, unless I mend my ways!
So I am hoping that lots of summery, sunshine inspired jewellery will keep reminding me that sandals season is just around the corner.....

I have made a little summery set of jewellery - 'Sunshine' lariat, bracelet and earrings. They are designed so that each piece is a stand-alone piece, but they look great together as a set. I often think a matching set of jewellery can look a bit boring - it's great for formal wear, but can look a bit old fashioned the rest of the time. This set all goes together very well, but doesn't match exactly - it gives it a less rigid feel, and will look more like you just happen to have chosen some pieces that work well together.

The lariat necklace includes turquoise, blister pearls, mother of pearl chips, Indian glass beads
and glass seed beads. It's a really vibrant piece and looks just like a sunny day.
The earrings are little turquoise cubes with Swarovski crystal in a firey orange-red, and the bracelet is made from small rice pearls with vivid ocean blue, and orange Swarovski crystals.
I look at all this warm weather inspired jewellery today, and think maybe I have gotten a little carried away - it is after all only the first day of April, and it's a bit cold and grey outside.....nothing wrong with a bit of optimism though.... :)
These three items are all available at Gallery 1, 8 Whitburn Road, Bathgate, along with other items of my jewellery.

No comments:

Post a Comment