Tuesday 31 March 2009

The sunshine has gone to my head!

Well, I've had a few days off work, and a couple of days good weather, and I think it's fooled me into thinking it summer! Now that the clocks have changed, I'm wearing summer tops and eating salad (yes, eating salad!).

I suppose this sudden burst of goodwill and sunshine inspired me to make a summery piece.....

This coral branch and turquoise necklace was the fruit of daydreaming about holidays. Everything always looks brighter on holiday, the colours are more vivid and everything tastes better! I was thinking of a holiday on the Indian Ocean, of milky white sand, turquoise blue sky, and pretty coloured seashells when I came up with this - I really think it's a little burst of summer. I added the handmade glass starfish to really give it that beachy, holiday feel.

In a total contrast, I've made necklace of coloured jade 'pears' - subtle, muted colours, inspired by the colours of the countryside around me. Maybe Fife isn't quite 'coral bright' but at this time of year, there are some beautiful colours emerging with the first flowers of the season, and after what seems like forever, everything is starting to change colour. In winter everything looks grey or brown, but at this time of year, pale greens, soft fruit colours start to appear - it's such a relief after a long winter season!
These coloured jade stones capture that perfectly. Some of them are really unique, and have little pieces of moss, or twigs inside them. I've included a close-up of this necklace so you can see how individual each stone is.
I'm now thinking of a whole collection of 'summer holiday' inspired jewellery, it seems the sun has gone to my head!!

No comments:

Post a Comment