Monday 23 March 2009

New Jewellery

I have lots of new jewellery available now, after a somewhat frantic jewellery making session over the weekend.
I think the sunny weather inspired me, and most of my new designs have a fresh, springtime look, inspired by little green buds in the hedgerows, and the first glimpse of colour in the garden.

My 'Candy' lariat is available for £50 in Artery Gallery, St Andrews(http://www.arteryuk.com/). This is made from Lapis Howlite chips, cherry quartz chips, shell nuggets and assorted glass beads - each bead is strung on and knotted individually. This photo shows how it would be worn - slung around the neck, and loosely knotted like a scarf. (left)

I have made a pendant style gem-stone necklace of cherry quartz chips, interspersed with tiny little pieces of pretty green peridot, and a pendant of facteted lemon quartz. The lemon quartz is near flawless, in a beautiful clear lemon shade. It has a large sterling silver toggle clasp at the back. This 'Spring' necklace is available for £50 at Artery Gallery. (right)

Also in my Chunky Gemstones collection, I have a bracelet of carnelian and Swarovski crystals. The crystals are a firely orange/red, and really highlight the beautiful natural colours in the carnelian stones. This bracelet is £35. (see left)

I have a very pretty, traditional style string of pearls for any spring brides out there. This pearl necklace is made from superior quality rice pearls, which have a stunning high lustre and no ridges. The necklace is strung in three shades - lavender, pink and white. Anybody who appreciates quality will love this necklace. This necklace is available for £55. (left)

I have tried to make some more unusual pearl jewellery - something a bit funkier, and a step away from tradition. Have a look at this emerald green blister pearl bracelet, with tiny serpentine beads in between. The colour and shape are really vibrant, and a small, simple clasp doesnt detract from the design. (right)
I have also made a traditional style bracelet in an unusual colour - small potato pearls in a silvery sage green, with little pink Swarovski crystals in-between. It's quite a delicate bracelet, which would be suitable for a child as well as an adult, £35. (see left)
I saw some very unusual pressed glass a few weeks ago, and couldn't resist buying it, and I finally came up with an idea for it over the weekend! I have irredescent flat, swirl shaped glass, which I have turned into a bracelet with tiny little clear crystals as spacers, for £35. I also have gorgeous pressed glass butterflies, which are now earrings, with sterling silver earhooks, at £20. These might be the first butterflies of the season!
I hope you love the new jewellery - please feel free to contact me if you would like to commission a piece for yourself (no extra charge for this) - also if you like something which has now sold, I can always try to make something similar for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment