Sunday 24 May 2009

And the nominees are.....

So, I have been nominated for the Craft and Design, Craftsman Magazine Selected Awards. How exciting is that?!! I only wish they did it 'Oscars' style, so I could get all gammed up for it.
I wonder if actors practice their 'gracious loser' faces before the Oscars? (should I start practising mine?)
Anyway, if you like my jewellery and like my blog - please tale a look at Craftsman magazine where you can place a vote for me if you think I'm worthy of a prize :)

http://www.craftanddesign.net/awards/

Or you can click on the Craft and Design button at the top right of my page.

I have to confess, I have been indulging in a little self-promotion recently, and had a PR piece in my local paper. This is the first time I've had anything like this, and I was shamefully excited about it before it came out! I'm sure that established artists and designers are all very calm and uninterested in this sort of thing, but I haven't quite developed a cool and aloof nature yet. I doubt it will ever happen.
I loved opening up my paper and reading about myself!! I could achieve this effect by going out and getting myself arrested every weekend, but I'm sure I'd prefer famous to infamous! As the the of crime doesn't appeal, I think I'll just keep working on my PR. Any hint of fame and I'll keep you posted......

No comments:

Post a Comment