Sunday 20 September 2009

It can't be Autumn already!!


I have lived in flip flops and short sleeves for the last six months, I've not had the heating on in the house since March, and I've been able to dry my washing out on the line. Horror of horrors today - I've had to put on shoes!! No bare tootsies for me now - I thought I'b be able to string out that summer feelin' until October, but alas no. Although I put on shoes today, I came to work without a jacket (yes, 'you who shall not be named' I know you're shaking your head and muttering about that) and my arms are all goose bumps and are the colour of corned beef!

I love Autumn, when it puts in a proper appearance. Not all rainy and miserable, but when you get those sunny, chilly days when the leaves fall from the trees, and the fields and foliage are colourful. I was thinking of these colours when I put together this little bracelet - 'Autumn Gold' - using Carnelian tyre shaped beads, and handmade glass beads. It' a lovely rusty colour that just made me think of Autumn.
I'm off to Egypt in a couple of weeks for my holidays (I am just showing off telling you that), and I thought of all the lovely golds and bronzes of Egypt. Seems I have timed my trip there just right, as by the time I get back, Autumn will be in full swing here, and I'll be able to apply all the beautiful Egyptian colour palette to the nippy Scottish Autumn (and I'll be able to squeeze another week out my flip flops before they are retired for the winter).

No comments:

Post a Comment