Thursday 10 September 2009

A couple of new ones



I have been looking to new places for new inspiration recently - normally I find inspiration in our lovely local countryside, or dreams of holidays, but at this point, I've not been on been on holiday for ages and the local countryside is a bit grey just now. So while trying to get inspired, I came across a Dulux colour chart - one of the massive trade ones with all the colous on little sticks. Seems this is a great source of inspiration! Gave me lots of ideas for new colour combinations - matching and complimenting colours, or clashing them entirely ('Barely Sage + 'In The Pink' = gorgeous, 'Naval Grey + 'Egg Yolk Yellow' = revolting!). Anyway, it got me working on a few new things, using new textures and colours.

Have a couple of new ones on here today, and lots of new pieces on the way (just waiting on lots of new colourful pearls and stones!).
This coral and pearl necklace and bracelet uses two different types of coral. Pretty peachy-pink, polished little rounds of coral, with a high shine finish, and big rugged rounds of natural coral, not polished, leaving the porus surface visable. They are so different but are the same material - I love this sort of variation in a natural product. I''ve teamed them up with creamy white pearls, so it's a 'classic with a twist' necklace.

This pearl necklace with cut-crystal quartz pendant is a bit like the old style thirties glamour necklaces - my gran used to have jewellery a bit like this. I'm sure she was a glamour-puss in her day!
I've also made these cute little earrings, using fossil jasper and Swarovski crystals. They are beautiful quality stones, and have been polished to an almost glass like finish. I love the fossile patterns captured inside them too.
I will return to the Dulux chart and hope for more inspiration this evening (or hope for better weather so our landscape looks less like a mudbath!).

All of these items are available at Artery Gallery in St Andrews, Fife.

No comments:

Post a Comment