Friday 12 February 2010

Thought I'd try something new


Here are some of the promised photos of recent work......been having a bit of a play with things that are new to me.

The bracelet above - 'Flutterby' bracelet - is made from little butterfly shaped pearls strung between the tiniest little rice pearls only about 3mm long - they're so cute! - and such a pain to string - I need to wear glasses when I'm using them (trying to work the whole 'sexy secretary' thing, apparently look more like Velma from Scoobie Doo). The butterfly pearls are real pearls - they are grown in a particular way to create this shape - love them!
I made a necklace to match the bracelet - with the same butterfly pearls, tiny rice pearls - and I mixed in some fatter rice pearls too.
I tried a new type of pendant for my 'Cubist' necklace - which attaches directly to the necklace (instead of being attached with links or anything), and is made from Swarovski crystal. I've strung it onto these gorgeous platinum coloured rice pearls which are almost irridescent.





I also had some really solid, glossy, agate tubes, so had a little bash creating a collar-style necklace. I've sneaked in some little goldy-coloured pearls inbetween - they look really delicate between the bold agates. This necklace is a bit different for me - much bolder and chunkier - looks so different from the uber-girly 'Flutterby' necklace!


I'll have the next lot of images on soon, so you can take a look at more of the new pieces.....keep you in suspense! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment