Friday 2 October 2009

Inspired by Autumn (or O.P.I....or Dulux!!)


I made a few new pieces last night - a couple of pearl bracelets and necklaces, with the colours of Autum and Winter in mind.

Autumn is a time of year when the colours of the landscape are very earthy, and if we've been lucky enough to have dry weather, the leaves and fields have an almost burnished look. I've stolen the colours from nature to make my 'Fall Festival' necklace - beautiful earthy colours with little gold glass beads studded between the pearls. (above)

I also love the pale, silvery, cold looking skies we get at this time of year, so using that palette I've made my 'Mercury' necklace from tiny little white rice pearls and slightly bigger, fatter mercury coloured pearls. It looks like chilly white skies and rain clouds, which although aren't nice to be outdoors in - the colours translate really well into jewellery -very chic and classic!

The other bracelet I made is a gorgeous magenta pink and buff gold colour. I've used button pearls for a change and they are just so cute! I used tiny little goldy coloured ones in between the rich magenta colour, which again are a little fatter. I love the contrast of size and colour, although I must admit, it wasn't our Autumnal landscape that inspired these colours!

I always think that Winter in terms of colour and texture is a time of richness, opulance and vibrancy - of berries, and ribbons, Christmas lights and party dresses. With the idea of luxury in my mind, I was flicking through the O.P.I colour chart in the beauty salon while I was waiting on a manicure and saw an aticle about their new season colours, inspired by Russian luxury - and a little lightbulb went on inside me. The gold and magenta bracelet is called 'Tsarina' in a nod to my nail varnish inspiration! - Really you can take inspiration from anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment